Side effects of Jabong and others....
Jabong.com
Hi everyone, I have something to say here, it is not to offend anybody or any firm. We all see Jabong is doing great in many ways, mostly with girls I suppose, and I'm kidding, it must be same. ...okay so, I was saying that Jabong seem to understand their customers' behavior and need pretty well. They show their acts in tune with the changing fashion trend, may be that's how they excel in the online market space tremendously. And I do appreciate that as a buyer.
And, I have been a regular customer for Jabong.com for a long time. Like many of us I bought a lot from them. Lately I was not able to deal with one thing, it was none other than their plastic packets that they used for packing most of their products. It might sound funny, but it became such an unmanageable concern to me. Like many of you, me being conscious about the environment and a clean city, I was forced to see the mess it might have been causing. If I had that many plastic packs in my house, they have million customers, how many plastics might have been used but not reused. It was like a huge environmental hazard in my eyes. I am away from them for quite a bit now, and half of the reason why I left is may be because of that. Seriously, I am telling the truth, small things kinda matter. It's like I wanna buy much but I don't wanna buy, it comes with too many plastics.

Hi everyone, I have something to say here, it is not to offend anybody or any firm. We all see Jabong is doing great in many ways, mostly with girls I suppose, and I'm kidding, it must be same. ...okay so, I was saying that Jabong seem to understand their customers' behavior and need pretty well. They show their acts in tune with the changing fashion trend, may be that's how they excel in the online market space tremendously. And I do appreciate that as a buyer.
And, I have been a regular customer for Jabong.com for a long time. Like many of us I bought a lot from them. Lately I was not able to deal with one thing, it was none other than their plastic packets that they used for packing most of their products. It might sound funny, but it became such an unmanageable concern to me. Like many of you, me being conscious about the environment and a clean city, I was forced to see the mess it might have been causing. If I had that many plastic packs in my house, they have million customers, how many plastics might have been used but not reused. It was like a huge environmental hazard in my eyes. I am away from them for quite a bit now, and half of the reason why I left is may be because of that. Seriously, I am telling the truth, small things kinda matter. It's like I wanna buy much but I don't wanna buy, it comes with too many plastics.

Let's do the math, for Jabong alone, there is around 38 thousand orders daily (approx), making it to 11 lac 40 thousand a month, and 1 Crore, 36 lac, 80 thousand a year. If we remove 80 thousand for multi packing and use of boxes few times, remaining 1 crore 36 lac of plastics are produced in a year. It's a huge number I believe, and there are other similar players in the market.
It's almost late, I very much want Jabong to look into it and use something better, an environment friendly material for their packs, you know. Or they should promote recollection of the bags for recycling or something like that. They say "BE YOU" but this can be one of their big Social Responsibilities as an Organisation so I say, lets' "BE SAFE".
However, in this regard, other contenders like Myntra, Snapdeal, Amazon, Flipkart and others do have their share more or less. I see Amazon using more of boxes which is good enough at the moment, as they are biodegradable, and it can be reused or recycled too. We all need to look into this, it's high time. And I think it's not that small as we keep it out of our notice. The plastic they use has Level 4 (generally within a triangle mark) i.e Low Density Polyethylene (LDPE). It says, it is considered safe, but is not often accepted by curbside recycling programs. Which means it is possible that it can't be recycled. But who knows, pompom collects everything now for recycling, so......we can hope for the best.
And dear folks, if you agree with me, drop your comments below, please do share it with your circle so that we can bring up the concern to their sight. Thank you.
It's almost late, I very much want Jabong to look into it and use something better, an environment friendly material for their packs, you know. Or they should promote recollection of the bags for recycling or something like that. They say "BE YOU" but this can be one of their big Social Responsibilities as an Organisation so I say, lets' "BE SAFE".
However, in this regard, other contenders like Myntra, Snapdeal, Amazon, Flipkart and others do have their share more or less. I see Amazon using more of boxes which is good enough at the moment, as they are biodegradable, and it can be reused or recycled too. We all need to look into this, it's high time. And I think it's not that small as we keep it out of our notice. The plastic they use has Level 4 (generally within a triangle mark) i.e Low Density Polyethylene (LDPE). It says, it is considered safe, but is not often accepted by curbside recycling programs. Which means it is possible that it can't be recycled. But who knows, pompom collects everything now for recycling, so......we can hope for the best.
And dear folks, if you agree with me, drop your comments below, please do share it with your circle so that we can bring up the concern to their sight. Thank you.
Currently, I see Jabong is doing great in terms of sale, there minimum of Rs 0.00 requirement for purchase with free handling is an alluring feature to buy. It's very a positive step to make buyers happy.
ReplyDeleteTheir sale for few hours is irritating sometimes. You spent time to choose items n whn u r about to proceed wit pymt, the sale time is up, ur transaction fails. Isn't dt irritating? Customers should be able to buy with peace not in hurry.
ReplyDelete