Saturday, August 27, 2016

Attitude Serves Big


Hi, I am not a critic, but going back to where I started, I have this experience with Yebhi.com that I wanna put here today. Because I think it's interesting and insightful, you know.

Early Adopter
Being ready to take risk to try new things back in 2011, I must have been an early adopter in the Indian Online market. Because, at that time I saw my colleagues getting totally uncomfortable with the word online stuff other than educational and government websites. However, I was there to try online shopping and I did.

First purchase
I bought few things from Yebhi.com, it was the first online store for me. I was very excited with the whole thing, COD for payment and quick delivery with return policy. I looked very foreign though in my crowd for doing so, funny it was. But I made my decision saying they will get the similar comfort soon or later. I was also introducing Yebhi.com to new folks in my circle as anybody would do.   

The loss for me
One time I returned a T-shirt costing not much with DDTC bearing the courier charge myself as Yebhi told me to do. Of course they didn't have return pick up at that time. And afterwards when I called them they said they never got the product. DDTC confirmed they delivered it to their right address provided, I think it was in Okhla, New Delhi.

And my credit was not given, I lost the T-shirt, my money, courier charge, my time and energy. Ouch, it was disappointing and a bad customer experience, what would you do in that case?

The Attitude 
Me as a customer wasn't lying, it couldn't be a made up story for any gain. They can't try to see it that way in the first place. They should understand their customer's sufferings and the risk of losing trust towards them. Being new in the area I think they themselves couldn't trust their customers. I remember one of their agent indicated their risk in trusting all their customers' stories. But truly that remark gave me a hazardous feeling at my end. They should not have shown an attitude as such "more than the story, one customer lost, nothing lost". A customer can affect minimum 10 customers, and that 10 can affect another 10 each and so on...right!

Cost to save
Despite the agent's remark, instead of arguing over the call, they could have tried to resolve the issue in the best possible way. If they put any extra cost to save a customer or even 50 more in similar issue, I think that can worth it. It will save the customers, their reputation and their business. I never went back to them, I saw adverse change in their business later, which led me think " if that was something to do with their attitude they have shown towards their customers".

Reason
I wrote this as I believe it can give little insight on the customer and provider relationship, the attitude that needs to be maintained throughout.

But all makes mistakes, we start new and  need to learn and improve. So, if they have learnt and tried their best to serve their customers better now, it's worth appreciating.....so no complain from me .....on Yebhi.







No comments:

Post a Comment